Lycamobile 2017 8K Radio Contest Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT'S CHANCE OF WINNING. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Entry to the contest is conditional upon acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering the contest, you will be deemed to have read and accepted these contest rules.
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Lycamobile 2017 8K Radio Contest (the “Contest”), sponsored by Lycamobile USA Inc. (the “Sponsor”), is a contest by which you can win a free smart phone handset with three (3) months of Lycamobile wireless service.
- ENTRY PROCESS: Listen to 8K Radio (on WWRL 1600 AM, 1170 AM, 92.7 FM, 97.1 FM or 100.1 FM or digitally via the website or mobile app) Monday through Friday 8:00 am EST to 9:00 am EST. Listen for the Lycamobile questions and call the station at 848-444-1600 to submit an answer. If your call is selected, you answer the question correctly and you must submit your name and phone number to a Promoter representative, you will be officially entered into the Contest (“Entrant”). The correctness of an answer shall be determined by Promoter, at its sole discretion. No answers submitted by post, email or other phone number will be accepted as entries to the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of the USA aged 18 or over except employees of the Sponsor or 8K Miles Media Group, Inc. (the “Promoter”) and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (defined for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions as husband, wife, mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, or persons residing in the household of such employees), and anyone else professionally connected with this Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and check their identity. No purchase is necessary.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor and Promoter have the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions or that is otherwise suspected of failing to comply with the fairness and integrity of this Contest.
- SUBMISSION PERIOD: Contest submissions will be accepted during the 8K Radio morning show aired during the hours of 8:00 am EST to 9:00 am EST on Mondays through Fridays from August 28, 2017 until September 22, 2017 (“Submission Period”). To be eligible, entries must be received by phone before 9:00 am EST on each weekday of the Submission Period (except for Labor Day, Monday September 4, 2017).
- CHANCE OF WINNING: 1:9.
- WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: Promoter will randomly select two (2) winners on the morning shows on September 5, 11, 18 and 25, respectively, from the previous week’s Entrants and announce them on air. From the remaining Entrants who were not thus selected, Promoter will randomly select two (2) additional winners on Monday, September 25, 2017 and announce those winners as well during the morning show between 8:00 am and 9:00 am.
- PRIZES: Total retail value of all prizes: $2,370. Value of each prize: $237 (handset: $150; 3 Lycamobile 30 day plans: $87). Total prizes: 10 (2 awarded per week x 4 weeks plus 2 additional prizes on the last day of the Contest). The prize must be accepted as awarded. Winners will be solely responsible for all fees and taxes (federal, state, local and/or income) associated with the acceptance of the prizes and all expenses not listed related to acceptance and use of the prize. No transfer, substitution, assignment or cash equivalent redemption of prize permitted, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, for one of comparable or greater value due to unavailability or for any reason, as solely determined by Sponsor.
- COLLECTION OF PRIZE: Sponsor will call each winner within 48 hours of their selection by Promoter and arrange for a date and time during which winners will be required to visit Sponsor’s offices in Newark, New Jersey to claim their prize. Valid photo ID must be shown to verify winners’ identities. If a winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner at the Sponsor’s and Promoter’s discretion.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to the use of their names, likenesses, photographs, voices, sounds, images and biographical information by Sponsor and Promoter for any and all purposes in any and all media without further consent or payment. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to participate in any publicity campaigns at the request and discretion of Sponsor or Promoter.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY; RELEASE: Sponsor has organized this Contest in good faith and does not accept any liability relating to the prize structure or prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for providing prizes for entries lost, delayed, damaged or destroyed. Sponsor is not responsible for any failures of any kind or problems or delays arising from any technical, software or equipment malfunctions, congestion on or unavailability of any service during the Contest period or otherwise, any other technical, equipment or human errors of any kind that result an entrant’s inability to participate in the Contest. Sponsor is also not providing any additional warranties with regard to the handset prizes and they are awarded “as is.” By entering into this Contest, entrants hereby release and discharge Sponsor and Promoter and their respective affiliates and agents, representatives, independent contractors, officers, employees and directors (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to their participation in this Contest, their use or acceptance of any prize and/or any actions or decisions of Sponsor in connection with the conduct and administration of this Contest. Entrants hereby waive any right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in connection with any claim against the Released Parties.
- INTEGRITY OF THE CONTEST. If an entrant attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, Sponsor may seek damages from that entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, the entrant’s entry to this Contest will be disqualified and Sponsor may ban the entrant from participating in any future contests. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud relating to any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time without notice.
- DISPUTES & BINDING ARBITRATION: In the unlikely event of a dispute, the Sponsor’s decision shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. If any provision or part of these terms and conditions is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law, then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these terms and conditions shall remain in force. These terms and conditions, the conduct of this Contest and the interpretation and enforcement of these terms and conditions, shall be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided by binding arbitration in the Newark, New Jersey, USA area. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the winners’ names, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Sponsor: Lycamobile USA Inc., 2001 Route 46, Waterview Plaza, Suite 310, Parsippany, New Jersey, 07054.