What is WiFi Calling & Text?
WiFi Calling & Text is the ability to make or receive voice calls or texts over a WiFi connection when cellular signal strength is weak or does not exist. WiFi Calling & Text leverages your local WiFi to connect to the carrier’s network, instead of connecting directly.
What are the advantages of enabling and using WiFi Calling & Text?
As long as you are connected to a local WiFi network, you will be able to use your mobile device to make/receive voice calls and send/receive SMS messages, just as if it were on a normal cellular network. This means that you can use your service even when the wireless signal is limited.
Which phones are compatible with WiFi Calling & Text?
Click here for a list of supported devices.
Are all SIM cards compatible with WiFi Calling & Text?
No – you will need a compatible SIM before you can add the WiFi Calling & Text feature to your plan. You can check to see if you SIM is compatible in the following ways:
• If you sim card stating with 89196010002 it’s eligible
Can I make INTL calls using WiFi?
Yes, you can! However, please note that if you’re calling a destination that is not unlimited in your current plan, INTL WiFi calling will draw down your main balance just as it would if you were calling while connected to the cellular network.
Can I use WiFi Calling & Text while roaming internationally?
Yes! As long as your device is set up to support WiFi Calling & Text, and you’re connected to a WiFi network, you can make and receive voice calls and send and receive SMS messages while roaming outside the US.
How can I make sure my device is set up to support WiFi Calling & Text?
You can set your Android device up for WiFi Calling & Text by doing the following:
• Go to your phone keypad click on “More”
• Select “settings”
• Find WiFi Calling & Text, and enable it
You can set your WiFi Calling & Text Preferences by doing the following:
• Tap “WiFi Calling & Text” (not the “Enable/Disable” button)
• Tap “Connection Preferences”
• WiFi Preferred – If a WiFi network is available, your phone will use the WiFi network rather than the cellular network
• Cellular Network Preferred – Your phone will use a WiFi network for calls only if no cellular network is available
• Never Use Cellular Network – Your phone will only use WiFi networks for calls
Next you’ll need to activate WiFi Calling & Text on your Lymobile account by doing one of the following:
• Log into your online account and enable Wi-fi calling.
• Visit the nearest Lyca Retailer
• Call 1-866-277-3221 to speak with Customer Care
What does WiFi Calling & Text allow me to do?
By enabling WiFi Calling & Text, you will be able to do the following:
• Make and receive calls over a WiFi connection
• Send and receive SMS text messages over a WiFi connection
• Send and receive calls or texts over WiFi while roaming internationally or within the US
Remember: You’ll only be able to do these things if you have enabled WiFi Calling & Text on a capable device, and you have secured a connection to a WiFi network.
Does WiFi Calling & Text use data?
No – as long as you have enabled WiFi Calling & Text on your device and secured a connection to a WiFi network, making or receiving calls and texts through WiFi Calling & Text will not use your data.
How do I know if my WiFi Calling & Text is enabled?
How do I disable WiFi Calling & Text?
Does WiFi voice calling require the person I’m calling to be on a WiFi network?
No – WiFi Calling & Text is not a data call and uses the voice network. You are required to dial a mobile or landline phone number in order to connect your voice call.
How am I billed for WiFi Calling & Text activity while in the US?
Incoming/outgoing voice calls and incoming/outgoing SMS messages are considered part of the Unlimited Calling and Text included on your plan. You will only be billed for WiFi calls if you are calling someone outside the US who isn’t located in one of your plan’s unlimited destinations or standard rates apply if you don’t have any plan.