T-Mobile Network upgrades to LTEWhat Happened?
Lycamobile’s underlying carrier T-Mobile® has upgraded and expanded its 4G LTE coverage in most areas. This improved data speeds and voice experience for most customers whose handsets use 4G LTE data speed. This change impacted T-Mobile customers as well as all T-Mobile MVNOs (including Lycamobile).
Impact on Customers?
Some customers without 4G LTE capable devices may need to upgrade their devices for optimal network performance. Customers still using 1900 frequency handsets, tablets and wearable devices (that are not capable of 4G LTE) will only be able to connect to 2G data speeds, and in some cases, they may experience dropped calls. These devices include:
- Apple iPhones 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5 (CDMA models)
- Galaxy S 4 ATT
- Galaxy SIII
- LG 450 and GS170 handsets
- Microsoft Lumia 435 and 530 smartphones
- Alcatel One Touch Pop 7 tablet (non-LTE models)
- Apple iPad 2 and 3 tablets
- Samsung Galaxy Gear S, S2, and S2 Classic smart watches